Sunday, July 19, 2009

7 years and San Diego

This past weekend Double Midnight Comics celebrated 7 wonderful years bring southern NH comic and game fans their fix. We celebrated with a in store sale and our good friend Kate labored into the wee hours of the morning making some Blackest Night themed cakes. Man, we're they sweet (pun intended!). Speaking of Blackest Night, I read a potential spoiler... if it's true, I'm going to be both excited and disappointed all at once.

I'm leaving this Tuesday for San Diego. My very first Comic-Con International. I'm really bummed that I'm not going with either of my Convention partners in crime, my brother Chris or my brother from another mother, Derek Stryder Bailey. Chris and I have been to many conventions together, from Wizard World East and Boston, my third New York Comic Con as well as various trade shows. Derek and I have been to every New York Comic Con and will when we're both old and gray (my money is on that happening to him first). I won't be hitting San Diego solo though. I'm meeting up with my college roommates little brother Jeff. Jeff is big into video games. When I was in college, Eric (his older bro) told me that Jeff would record video game music to listen to while he slept. Now that's hardcore.

I was looking at the programming for San Diego... wow. There's a lot of panels going on. Speaking of panels, I've been asked to reprise my role as a panel participant, reprising my role from the New York Comic Con. I'll be on hand with the general manager of Lone Star Comics in Texas, the guy who started Free Comic Book Day as well as having a hand in starting ComicsPRO and a guy who owns a store with Geoff Johns and is an Eisner Spirit of Retailing award winner (the Oscar of comic retailing). So their in great company!

Follow my exploits on Twitter throughout the whole show, DMComicsScott. It'll be fun, but stressful...

No comments:

Post a Comment