Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What being a comic retailer means to me

This past weekend Brett was in Memphis for a ComicsPRO annual get together. Chris couldn't go because his wife is expecting any minute now and I was stuck with school, so Brett got to go all by his lonesome. Brett tortured us with constant text messages and get to hang with Geoff Johns and some high ups at DC, Vertigo, Dark Hose, Image and Marvel. I was so psyched to hear that Geoff Johns reported that Ethan Van Sciver (2 time GraniteCon guest) had very good things to say about the show. The big publishers have some cool things planned and even handed out some exclusive preview books (I got to read the FCBD Green Lantern Blackest Night book... WOW! Can't wait for BN!).

We're also working on some cool stuff for Free Comic Book Day as well as GraniteCon, more on that in the coming weeks.

I saw Wanted this past week (while donating Blood Platlets, I figured if I'm going to watch a 2 hour movie I might as well do something rewarding/productive). Not a bad flick, really only uses the plot of the comic. I preferred the comic myself, it was more superhero-y and less of the same power/different character. It's a good movie on it's on. I'd say 3.5 out of 5 stars.

There's nothing much new that I can report on this week. I'll have more info next week as well as some comic reviews for ya! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment